IPL HAIR REMOVAL
Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, AZ
Fountain Hills MediSpa is proud to use the multi-application M22 machine from Lumenis. The M22 is the gold standard platform for the treatment of skin conditions and hair removal. Used by physicians all over the world, M22 enables us to be able to treat more types of patients and skin conditions with better outcomes.
Results & Recovery
The Lumenis M22 IPL technology is one of the most significant advances in the recent history of non-invasive cosmetic dermatology and it is now available at Fountain Hills MediSpa. This extraordinary system eliminates the need for traditional surgery, using powerful lighting technology to stimulate the production of healthy blood cells and collagen, deep beneath the surface of the skin. The result is the immediate tightening of the skin, significantly contributing to improved skin tone, evenness, and clarity.
Our IPL treatments are performed using the M22, as an outpatient procedure, with minimal discomfort and no downtime after treatment. Results can be seen after each treatment, with optimal results seen after a series of 3-6 sessions.
For more information about the Lumenis M22, or any of our cosmetic treatment options, contact us today.
What is IPL hair removal and how does it work?
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a cosmetic treatment that harnesses light to absorb melanin (hair and skin’s dark pigment) and haemoglobin (the red colour in blood vessels). The light converts to heat, damaging the targeted cells and leaving the skin’s surface undisturbed. IPL is a non-invasive treatment for removal of unwanted hair and skin conditions.
What can IPL treat?
- Diffuse redness, rosacea, and red scarring
- Unwanted dark facial and body hair
- Flat, benign pigmented lesions (freckles, sunspots, and general pigmentation)
- Facial vascular lesions (spider veins, red spots, and broken capillaries)
- Uneven skin coloring
- Poikiloderma (redness, pigmentation, and a spotty look to the neck and/or décolletage)
**Results may vary from person to person**
How will my skin react after the IPL treatment?
- Most patients experience a mild sensation sunburn-like in nature that lasts 2 to 5 hours and is often accompanied by mild to moderate redness.
- After IPL for hair removal, the skin may appear spotty, this inflammation is caused by the heat absorbed in the hair follicle and can last 2 to 24 hours.
- After treatment of vascular lesions, they will either disappear immediately or appear grey or purplish in color. Diffuse redness immediately appears a lot redder then gradually lightens within 2-3 weeks.
- After treatment of pigmented lesions the lesion will go darker, sometimes almost black, then will fall off within 7 to 28 days (depending on the area of the body) or gradually fade.
Is your skin suitable for IPL Hair Removal treatment?
As a general rule, the lighter the skin, the more suitable for IPL treatment. We offer a free consultation and recommend you set up a consultation to evaluate your suitability for IPL Hair Removal.
Expected Hair Reduction
IPL hair removal treats hair at anagen; 1 of the 3 growth phases. During anagen, the hair is growing and actively divides cells in the hair follicle.
Because hair is in different stages at any given time, laser hair removal must be performed in stages with a certain time span between treatments to receive the best results.
IPL Hair Removal contraindications
IPL may be an unsuitable treatment for you for the following reasons:
- Dermatitis or infection in the area to be treated
- Roaccutane use in the last 6 months
- Light sensitizing medication
- History of keloid scarring or abnormal wound healing
- Light-triggered seizures
- Melasma (we recommend a course of Laser Toning Peels and lightening cream)
- Darker skin types